Monday, April 16

Vegetarianism?

After today, I think I may refuse to eat out more than twice a month. None of those restaurants will include chains. I will (do my civil best to) eat locally only, as well as to give a huge attempt to eat at local chains that use local products.
I will also put sodas to once a week, which will not be nearly as difficult.

I'll likely put down a lot of what I'm doing to avoid the occasional slip. I think I'll allow eggs in moderation (too many eggs are just asking for it, somehow, although, honestly, I really can't say how, considering how studies keep changing like lava lamps).

This shouldn't be too hard, really, since I don't carry meats around with me anyway, especially in warmer months. It's harder to keep them cooled to the proper storing temperature when I need to be out and about a lot. And when I make myself to-go-out-all-weekend food over the winter, it's not hard to exclude it.

We'll see how it goes.

Any tips would be appreciated, by the way. I'm not doing this solely for one reason. I am (slowly) putting on unnecessary weight where muscle should be; I don't like how animals AND humans are treated at meat packaging plants; I don't like the carbon footprint of most restaurants; I don't like how expensive it is to eat out as it is; I don't like how much crude oil is used to sustain the demand we have for chain foods. I think my decision will at least put my conscience at ease, if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment