Tuesday, April 17

Simple Bread Machine Bread

I've used this to test my machine out and it worked really well. The upside is that it's a pretty tasty bread and you can build on it without much of a problem. I like to experiment, so I can see myself putting things in it like tomatoes and garlic, or fruits and nuts.

1 cup of warm water
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons active yeast (or .25 ounces)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (oil of your choosing, obviously.)
3 cups of bread flower
1 teaspoon of salt

Be sure to put the warm water, sugar, salt and yeast in together, so they mix in together.
Bake on the basic/white bread setting (whichever one you have on your machine).

An added bonus would be things like dried fruits, nuts, or to top it with brown sugar and cinnamon; the list goes on and on. The bread is very simple, and slices well, but if you like things with a little more life to it (like I do) you'll quickly gravitate to playing with the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment