Sunday, October 2

Small sized orange habanero



 I promised myself I would add more pictures. This is my first attempt at making this a little more than my rambling on and on about food (now, you can see the food!)
This is a habanero. I was fortunate enough to grow them in my back yard this year. I had many more that were bigger than this, but at this time of year it's hard to grow them big (at least, for me).






Hot peppers on a large plate






 I had about 4-5 of those small-ish habaneros, two jalapenos, and a mix that I can't differentiate between tabasco, cayenne and something else I forgot the name of (I bought the plants and forgot to tag them, so this whole summer I've been asking people if they remembered the name of that last plant. We didn't. Oh, well, too bad. Still yummy!)
I plan on doing something very similar to these as to the recipe for the bell peppers. On top of the bells, I had about 5 or 6 green bells from out back, which were about enough, each, to fill maybe a 1/3 measuring cup. I'm supposed to make hot pepper oil out of them, for winter use, but I can't keep myself from eating them. Oops.
I'm not done making food. I still have a little while (someone's bringing my onions. This meal isn't free for them, despite their disappointment). But, I've already roasted all the peppers and I plan on doing a small-scale soup for the hot ones. That way, if people want, they can add a little hot pepper soup to their soup, allowing for an increase in heat. Every pepper I used is organically grown -- the hot ones are from my own yard -- so I'm looking forward to how this will turn out!









Oh, and then we get to have dessert!

Strawberry cupcakes








 These are strawberry cupcakes with buttercream icing (whip two sticks of butter like mad, add 3 cups of powdered sugar, spritz it with salt, spritz it more with vanilla, and add cream until you're happy with the consistency.) I wanted to play with the cream. I preferred the flavor with more cream, but it ruined the whole spreading concept. I don't care what they look like -- those babies are kickin' some serious strawberry-cream tush!

1 comment: