Thursday, April 19

Humbled

I just clicked 'follow' for 'Mennonite Girls Can Cook' and 'Addicted to Veggies'. I feel so small right now.
However, I'll keep posting whether anyone reads this or not. Maybe, one day, I'll actually make my blog look professional and stuff.
Not today.
Today is 'read til I pass out' day. With a smoothie.
Could be messy.

http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/

http://www.addictedtoveggies.com/


On other news, I just yelled at someone for fitting a really annoying stereotype.
Food doesn't always work like this:
Meat > everything else

Actually, in a lot of countries, veggies > fruit > grains > fish > dairy > meat. Wrap your minds around THAT insanity why don't you?
I need my peers to grow up and realize there are, in fact, other things than bacon. I can understand loving bacon. I really, really like chewing on some good, fatty, greasy bacon. But then, and here's the crazy thing, I may turn around and eat an asparagus. I mean, I know that's asking a lot out of people, but dwindling yourselves down to three food items is not acceptable. What're you going to do with yourself if you get a date that, I don't know, loves.. Eggplants? Or something. I know your first thought: dump that nut! But, you know there are things that the nut can give you, and bacon cannot. Not a lot, I know, I know, but.. work with me here. There's a whole new world of food.
It's okay.
Just put the bacon down.
They still will kill pigs whether you take a break or not. It's okay. It'll be there, waiting for you, lovingly. Hopefully, it'll be warm. That's what the eggplant date can do for you in the future: they can warm you up bacon, even if they don't like it. Compromise, dear. It's all going to turn out just fine.

On another note, I need to make more bread. My last loaf is going stale. I don't know why men can't remember there's a bread drawer, but..such is life. Ditty recently remembered his love for PB and J, and wanted to 'save the bread from its demise' by eating a HUGE sandwich. You go, Ditty.

See, Ditty eats things other than bacon..

No comments:

Post a Comment