Sunday, December 18

Review on WonTon soup

I don't have much to say about this soup. It was hit and miss with the whole wheat with me, but I had a lot of compliments about it -- especially from Heather. Just, if you decide to try it, make sure to roll out the dough thinner than you may think you need it to be. That wheat just doesn't cook as quickly as white flour, obviously.

I also didn't add much salt, again. It has a warmer flavor that way, and I know people loved the broth. I recommend it that way; salt seems to, in this case, detract from the point of the recipe. The oils definitely make this one, so I'm not going to announce how healthy this one is as much as the others -- but at least it was a lot of oils and not heavy cream or butter, so there's that at least. It's a simple soup, and because of finals I haven't had time to talk about it. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment